Can uscis change their mind? Approve then deny my case?

Asked over 2 years ago - Jackson, WY

Uscis responded to my lawyer that my case is approved, they changed my online status to approval, saying they mailed me an approval notice, then they changed again saying that card in it`s way, i should get my card in 30 days, then again they changed my status online stating they sent me approval notice. Anyway it`s been 2 weeks since approval, i didnt get welcome letter yet. Do you think they can change their mind, even they told my lawyer my case is approved. Please help

1. Ahmad Mohamad Yakzan

1

Answered . Please be patient. It could take up to 30 days for you to get anything from USCIS after approval. Changes in the online tracking system do not mean that they changed their mind. It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck.

2. Andre R. Olivie

1

Answered . Its probably just delayed. That online system is not always reliable. If your attorney is not worried then you probably shouldn't be. Technically they could approve and then deny your case if they found out something new that made you ineligible, but probably its just a delay which happens all the time. If you have more worry you could make an InfoPass appointment and see an officer in person to talk about your case. Mention that to your lawyer.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
    www.olivielaw.com

3. Debbi Lee Klopman

Answered . I agree with my colleague above. The online tracking system is only consistent in its inconsistency. I would allow 45 days from the date your attorney told you that your case was approved to receive the notice in hand. Good luck

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
    398 Bergen Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11217
    www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
    dkny430@aol.com
    718 622 1208
    This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship