Can uscis change their mind? Approve then deny my case?

Jackson, WY |
Filed under: Immigration

Uscis responded to my lawyer that my case is approved, they changed my online status to approval, saying they mailed me an approval notice, then they changed again saying that card in it`s way, i should get my card in 30 days, then again they changed my status online stating they sent me approval notice. Anyway it`s been 2 weeks since approval, i didnt get welcome letter yet. Do you think they can change their mind, even they told my lawyer my case is approved. Please help

Please be patient. It could take up to 30 days for you to get anything from USCIS after approval. Changes in the online tracking system do not mean that they changed their mind. It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck.

The answer to this question is general in nature and is based on the limited facts presented in the question. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship will be formed with Mr. Yakzan until a formal consultation is conducted at his office.

Its probably just delayed. That online system is not always reliable. If your attorney is not worried then you probably shouldn't be. Technically they could approve and then deny your case if they found out something new that made you ineligible, but probably its just a delay which happens all the time. If you have more worry you could make an InfoPass appointment and see an officer in person to talk about your case. Mention that to your lawyer.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
www.olivielaw.com

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleague above. The online tracking system is only consistent in its inconsistency. I would allow 45 days from the date your attorney told you that your case was approved to receive the notice in hand. Good luck

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
398 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
dkny430@aol.com
718 622 1208
This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship