Can u reopen a closed case

Asked about 2 years ago - Spring, TX

he was convicted murder and injury to a child 6 years ago he plead not guilty and we believe the mother of the child did it he was sentence to life

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . This is a very complicated area of the law. The answer depends on the details. So, you will need to consult with a criminal defense lawyer. But, you need a specific kind of criminal defense lawyer, one who handles what are called "writs". These lawyers generally do not limit their practice to one city or one part of the state. A few are Terry Kirk (in Austin), Connie J. Kelly (in Austin), and Randy Schaffer (in Houston). Really, the picky details are so important in these cases that the best answer that can be given here is that sometimes a writ application is successful, sometimes not, and you need to discuss it with a lawyer.

2. James Regan

Pro

1

1

Answered . Talk to his lawyer about newly discovered evidence if you have it.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . I agree with each of my colelagues. Start with his attorney.