Skip to main content

Can u have overnight guest of opposite sex when minor children are present if divorce has not been filed?

Morrilton, AR |
Filed under: Divorce

Couple married 7 years seperated they have 2minor children, no papers filed yet

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you do, there is a very good chance that it will be used against you in any custody dispute. Arkansas courts have been very clear that it is against public policy for even non-married parents to have overnight guests of the opposite sex when the children are present -- and so when the overnight guest presents an appearance to the children that their parent is engaging in adultery then the violation of the public policy would be magnified.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer