Can u get a PJC whn charged with a DUI in NC? I read Tht can't wth DWI..IS IT A FELONY? WHAT AM I FACING?

Asked almost 2 years ago - West Jefferson, NC

N MY SITUATION IT WAS TRUELY AN EYE OPENER...IT ONLY TAKES 1 WRONG DECISION TO COST U UR LIFE,NOT TO MENTION OTHER INNOCENT LIVES...NEITHER ONE OF THESE TOOK PLACE N MY CASE BUT IT VERY WELL ALMOST DID.ANYHOW BACK TO FACTS.I WAS CHARGED WTH A *DUI AFTER CHEWING UP NARCOTIC PAIN PATCH SOMEONE GAVE ME,WITH OUT EVER IMAGINIG THE EFFECT IT WOOD HAVE ON ME.STUPID MISTAKE REGARDLESS IT WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER DOING SUCH THING AND DEF. MY LAST AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND ALSO CHARGED WTH *SIMPLE POSS. OF MARIJUANA AND *PARAPHERNALIA SINCE THERE WAS COUPLE SINGLE ROLLING PAPERS N SIDE OF MARIJUANA BAG.IT CAUSED ME TO STOP BREATHIN..THEN I RAN OFF THE ROAD AND WRECKD ,NO ONE ELSE HARMED OR INVOLVED N ACC. TALKINTO OFFICER STOP BREATHIN ,DROPD TO GROUND.THEY BROUGHT BACK 2LIFE N ER,BY GODS GRACE

1. Damon John Chetson

5

Answered . A DWI is a misdemeanor, unless there was a serious injury, death, or it is a habitual DWI charge. A DWI conviction cannot result in a PJC. You need to hire a good DWI lawyer, or have a court appointed lawyer assigned to you. You may have good issues related to your DWI.

2. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

3

Answered . No, you cannot get a PJC for a DWI. You are facing serious fines and the possibility of jail time. You need to hire a DWI defense attorney. Good luck to you.

3. Zachary Andrew Cohen

Pro

3

Answered . You cannot get a PJC on DWI. You need to hire an attorney to help you. Best of luck!

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. You may want to consider turning your caps lock off. Good luck.