Can u do tdc time in a state jail?

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Anyone know

No you cannot. State jail is for state jail offenders and it is also run by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

So tdc is a state prison?

Cynthia Russell Henley

Cynthia Russell Henley

TDC is the Texas Department of Corrections. TDC runs prisons and state jails.

State Jail Facilities are set up separate from prison facilities. If one is serving a state jail sentence and a TDCJ sentence concurrently, then they will get credit for the state jail time on their TDC sentence.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

No. If someone receives a state jail sentence and a prison sentence they may go to the state jail first.

Austin Parole Lawyer
Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com