Can two daughters (beneficiaries) be named as co-executrixes of my `Last Will and Testement' when I establish the document.

Asked over 1 year ago - Stephentown, NY

My daughters ar 23 and 33 years old. I am Divorced.

1. Richard Albert Luthmann

Pro

8

Answered . Yes. This is permissible. Depending on your estate plan, you may want an independent (non-related, non-subordinate) party to serve as fiduciary (particluarly of any trusts that may be established upon death). You should speak with an estate planning attorney to guide you through the selection of fiduciaries and a coordinated estate plan.

2. Roman Aminov

Pro

7

Answered . Yes, they can. I would have the will prepared, and the execution supervised, by an estate planning attorney who can advise you on selecting fiduciaries and the consequences of your decisions. Best of luck.

Roman Aminov, Esq.

Law Offices of Roman Aminov

Estate Planning - Elder Law - Probate

147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
    P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344

Roman@AminovLaw.com | www.AminovLaw.com

3. Sean Patrick Constable

6

Answered . Although you can name both daughters as co-exutrixes, whether this should be done is another issue. You should sit down with an attorney to discuss the pros and cons. Some things to consider beyond just the legal context is how your daughters get along; where they reside, etc.

4. James D. Kiley

4

Answered . Yes

5. Steven J. Fromm

5

Answered . Mr Luthman offers sound advice. Yes this is possible but whether it is a wise choice depends on a whole host of factors. You should get with an experienced estate planning attorney to guide you through the decisions and options available to you.

For more on estate planning and other issues, see Estate Planning Mistakes: 5 Not So Easy Pieces at http://www.sjfpc.com/estate_planning_drafting_w.... Please hit the like button at the end of the article if you found it helpful.

6. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . This is common when you want to set up a check and balance between two people instead of just putting one in charge.