Can tn judge take away my daughter who lives in ky

Asked about 2 years ago - Franklin, KY

i have a 16 year old daughter whose dad passed away some time ago and i was locked up so the great granparents in tn where given custody well about a year ago custody was granted back to me i live in ky can the judge make her come back to tn and can i sign over custody to non family member if nesecary

1. 4

9

Answered . Atty. Brown offers sound advice. If Kentucky has jurisdiction over your daughter, the Kentucky order will stand. Any change of custody should be taken care of through the courts and not handled "informally." Good luck.

2. 2

4

Answered . If you have a valid custody order from KY, then TN cannot overrule it. You cannot simply "sign over" custody, you need a court order to make such a change. I suggest you consult with a local attorney for specific advice. Good luck!