Can this be used against Mother in Custody battle

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I’m gearing up for a Custody battle with my Son’s Mother. Will the Judge take into account some of her past negative behavior? For Instance, the fact that she used to be a Stripper? And that she has a criminal record preventing her from getting a good job? Not sure of the Exact Charge but it was due to her involved with selling drugs.

1. Douglas Shaun Kepanis

3

Answered . IF she has been involved in illegal activities, that can certainly be brought up in a custody battle. The Family Court will normally run a probation report to view all parties' arrest records. Being a stripper is not so much a taboo thing in today's day and age - unless, of course, she was also performing "extras". Please consult an attorney as a custody battle is a complex situation and without legal counsel, terribly difficult to win.

2. Marco Caviglia

Pro

3

Answered . You certainly can raise both issues, but keep in mind that if you married her and had a child with her, presumably after she stopped this behavior, and you knew about it, and there is no active danger at this point, you might not get that far.

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

2

Answered . Both things can & should be brought up, but how much weight they'll play depends in part on whether you knew of her conduct & acquiesced in them. That said, I highly encourage you to schedule a follow-up consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  4. Yefim Rubinov

1

Answered . Yes to both.