Can they send you the greencard without an interview

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

My husband and I have being married almost 4yrs now. We have been on 3 interview. But we didn't get nothing. He was abusive and always treatening me. My I filed my vawa petition. In late 2012. In about a week of fileing. We get a reciept in the mail along with the prima facia. Along with a notice for biomatrics 4 the i485. Its about 4 months now and nothing elese from then. Can they approve the greeen card without an interview. Are their has to be an interview. What's the time span for a notice for an interview. On a vawa petition

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

4

Answered . Generally speaking, it can be many months before your VAWA petition will be adjudicated. 12-18 months is not uncommon. Assuming it is approved you will then be scheduled for an interview at a local USCIS Field Office. The amount of time the latter takes will depend upon the current processing times at that office.

2. Heather Morcroft

3

Answered . You do the biometrics then you get a notice for the interview, which is necessary for the greencard. Make sure they have your correct mailing address so that you are notified of the interview, or you will be denied and have to appeal or start again. You can go to www.uscis.gov and they have a chart of expected time frames for various types of things in various regions. They are guidelines only, the time can be less or more. You can also go online and check the status of your petition if you have your receipt number.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . It appears that you filed an I-360 Petition as an abused spouse. Is that correct? And is your spouse a U.S. Citizen?

USCIS is backlogged on VAWA cases. Current estimates for processing these cases is about 18 months, but each individual case could be longer or shorter.

I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case.