Can they make me follow a subpoena if my dr advises me not to travel

Asked about 3 years ago - Tulsa, OK

I will be 36 weeks pregnant at the time they want me to travel to TX and my dr does not feel like I should travel at that time when I sent note from dr they informed me I still have to show up for court

1. John Hunsucker

Answered . You do not say whether this is a civil or criminal case. Either way, the avenue to fix is to file a motion to quash the subpoena. There are also certain requirements that must be met for an out of state subpoena to be valid. I would recommend reposting your question under Texas lawsuits and include more details as to whether civil or ciminal and the court involved. Did they send a check for expenses and how was it served. This will allow the texas attorneys a better opportunity to answer your question.

hopefully this was helpful. If so, please hit the thumbs up button.