Can they make me follow a subpoena if my dr advises me not to travel

Tulsa, OK |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I will be 36 weeks pregnant at the time they want me to travel to TX and my dr does not feel like I should travel at that time when I sent note from dr they informed me I still have to show up for court

You do not say whether this is a civil or criminal case. Either way, the avenue to fix is to file a motion to quash the subpoena. There are also certain requirements that must be met for an out of state subpoena to be valid. I would recommend reposting your question under Texas lawsuits and include more details as to whether civil or ciminal and the court involved. Did they send a check for expenses and how was it served. This will allow the texas attorneys a better opportunity to answer your question.

hopefully this was helpful. If so, please hit the thumbs up button.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes