Can they legally pepper spray you in jail for banging on door to ask where you are and not being violent at all. No reason to

Asked almost 2 years ago - Longview, TX

I was arrested for dwi and not violent during arrest or at any point during processing. I awoke in a closed cell and banged on the door to see where i was and what was going on and they said here is your food to get me to look through the hole and peppered sprayed me and said "this is my house shut up". I had use water in a used filled toilet that was uncleaned and full. Is this legal? It was way overboard and out of control.

1. 4

Answered . Obviously you need a criminal defense attorney on the DWI. Discuss this with him. He may be able to refer you to an attorney who handles civil rights violations for a more detailed evaluation. Best of luck.

2. 3

Answered . If you feel your rights were abused then contact the Texas Rangers or the FBI.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    512-495-1813

3. 1

Answered . Another resource is the Texas Civil Rights Project out of Austin, Texas.