Can they file child support to an illegal immigrant?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Walnut, CA

my bf is over staying hir in the united states. he has a kid.the mom of the kid suddenly wanted to file for child support.. but my bf does not have ss no. but he is working.. how is dat possible? and marrying him a good move/? coz im still a permanent resident. im gonna be eligible for citizenship nxt year of july? is marrying him will benifit his status in any way?

1. Morvarid Mary Moshrefi

Pro

Answered . As to your child support question, the courts do not generally ask the legal status of an individual when ordering child support. They are more concerned with the child being financially supported by the parents.

The information provided is educations only based on the limited information provided and by reviewing this information, the viewer agrees that no attorney client privilege exists and the viewer will consult an attorney for further information pertaining to the case.