Skip to main content

Can they drug test for k2 using an urinalisis test? I on probation and have to drop once every two weeks .

Maumee, OH |

I don't want to get violated due to the fact I have two years over my head

Attorney Answers 4


I don't think many people know what actually is in K-2. If it shows up in a urinalysis you may be violated. if they are using a 5 panel test it might not show. Probation is a privilege, do yourself a favor and stay clean a VOP could land you in jail depending whether your PO is a hard ass. The drugs generally tested for in a five panel are: marijuana, benzodiazepams, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamine.

Good luck, stay clean.

Legal disclaimer: I am not your attorney and we have no attorney/client relationship. This response is submitted for informational purposes only. This is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be taken as such. Anyone considering the above referenced response and should always consult directly with an attorney within your jurisdiction before taking any action based on this, or any other information. This information is provided without any cost and therefore is worth what you paid for it. Again this information does not create any privileged attorney/client relationship and you are cautioned about information you convey to any person in a public forum considering your case, especially if it is criminal in nature. If you would like to consult with me you may contact me at (216)316-3161. I am admitted to practice in the State of Ohio and the State of Michigan.

Mark as helpful


The safe lawyer answer would be to tell you to stop using it. The more indepth answer is that it depends on the type of test they are using and the type of synthetic marijuna you are using. K2 is not the banned substance. One or many of the subtstancs that are in the spice/k2 are the banned substances on the DEA schedule. Probation probably uses a simple test that may not show the chemical but as the drugs evolve so do the tests that the courts will be using. Every time you grab spice to smoke I would suggest asking yourself "is two years worth this high". Even if you would pass the tests if you would get caught with it you could be charged with a new crime and be sent for two years for picking up a new charge. Play it safe.

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Mark as helpful


I agree with the other attorneys that answered, stay clean. Nothing good can come out of you getting high.
Toledo, OH

The answer above is for general information purposes and not considered legal advice. This interaction does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful


Yes. Recently a "dip test" similar to the 5 panel test has become available on the market. I know that in some cases judges and probation departments are requiring centralized drug testing and drug rehab centers to test for it. I personally believe that it is unreliable, due to it being new. We do not know the interactions between certain legal medications and herbal supplements and the human body. I have successfully argued (in some cases and fact situations) that the dip test should not be evidence that my client has smoked K2. I have also been unsuccessful in some cases. It depends on the facts and the judge. If you are concerned about the 2 years hanging over your head (as you should be) the only possible answer has to be: stop smoking K2.

You do not need to hire an attorney. You need to stop smoking K2.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics