Can they deport someone who has a green card but it is expired

Salem, OR |

my husband was arrested on drug charges and INS has put a hold on him to have him deported after his case is done but the thing is that he has had his green card since 1993 but it has been expired since 2004. My question is can he still be deported since he does have a green card that is expired. What are the chances they will have him reinstate it and the take it from him and still deport him anyway

Well I doubt he will be deported by an expired green card. However he can be deported because of the criminal charges. You would want to hire an immigration lawyer familiar with criminal issues in your state asap.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.