Can they deny my N-400 application?

I got married with my US citizen ex-husband in August 2007. We filed and got 2 year GC in July 2008 with no problem. The decision for 10 GC was made on Aug 2010. My ex husband filed for divorce around April 2011. He did, however, put the date we separate on Aug 30, 2010. I didn't care the date and signed the paper work. Now I am applying N-400. Will I have trouble getting approved?

Saint Louis, MO -

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

You won't qualify as the spouse of a USC. Under the five-year rule, you must have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You may have some explaining to do at the interview.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.