Can they deny my N-400 application?

Saint Louis, MO |

I got married with my US citizen ex-husband in August 2007. We filed and got 2 year GC in July 2008 with no problem. The decision for 10 GC was made on Aug 2010. My ex husband filed for divorce around April 2011. He did, however, put the date we separate on Aug 30, 2010. I didn't care the date and signed the paper work. Now I am applying N-400. Will I have trouble getting approved?

the decision on 10 year green card was on Aug 27, 2010. and the date on divorce decree shows that we separate around the date of Aug 30, 2010. We didn't know exact date. He just picked the date. Therefore, I put Aug 30, 2010 as the date I moved out from his house. I am applying USC under 5 year rule. I sent the application it and received a text that they got my application. I did not worry about it before , however, i looked at other cases online and they worries me because my separation date is right after the decision date. Should I seek a local immigration to represent me? Will that be better or will turn out the same? Thank you!

You won't qualify as the spouse of a USC. Under the five-year rule, you must have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

I am applying USC under 5 year rule. I sent the application it and received a text that they got my application. I did not worry about it before , however, i looked at other cases online and they worries me because my separation date is right after the decision date. Should I seek a local immigration to represent me? Will that be better or will turn out the same? Thank you so much!

You may have some explaining to do at the interview.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.