Can they arrest me at my pre-araignment

Asked over 1 year ago - City Of Industry, CA

i was called by phone from sheriffs dept detective wanting me to come in for questioning about a crime and i agreed to go.went in and ask me few questions then allowed me to leave and said will just see what the da's office says. i received a letter from county of los angeles sheriffs dept saying a complaint has been filed against me alleging violation 484(a) pc and gave me a court date. will i be arrested when i appear on the court date

1. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian

2

Best Answer

Answered . It's unlikely - especially if you show up on time. Assuming you show up at court, the judge may believe you're trustworthy and allow you to go without posting bail - a so-called Own Recognizance ("OR") release. No guaranty, though. You may want to hire a lawyer who can help shepherd you along. I (as well as other Avvo lawyers) would be happy to help you; feel free to call me at 818-500-0678 if you have additional questions. Good luck.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

2

Answered . They can, but it is a misdemeanor offense so it is unlikely. Remember, it is still possible.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Neil James Fraser

1

Answered . Why on earth did you talk to the sheriffs in the first place? Doing so probably gave them the basis for filing charges. NEVER waive your 5th Amendment rights.