CAN THESE PRIORS HURT ME FOR THIRD DEGREE SHOPLIFTING FIRST OFFENSE ?

Freehold, NJ |

I am 21 years old and being charged with taking 650 dollars worth of merchandise from the Microsoft store it is my first offense and I have a clean record but for a stupid domestic charge between me and my gf which was dropped completely 2 years ago and a theft charge that was reduced to an ordinance because i found a stolen phone on the ground also got in trouble when I was in 8th grade :/ but i believe these were only arrests the charges were always dropped I am a straight a student deans list at college and have my associates I am very scared but I also was wondering if those two PRIORs will hurt me although they were dropped and reduced with no conivictions ?

1. Not sure what you mean by hurt you but the prosecutor will have access to your criminal history and see the arrests and dismissals and may see a pattern of behavior however, a Criminal Defense attorney can also show the prosecutor all the good you have done. Hire one ASAP.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

2. This is the third time you've asked the same question. Please stop repeating the question. Hire a lawyer.

3. You already asked this question which has been addressed by several attorneys. Take our advice. Stop talking on avvo about your case and obtain legal representation.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented. Also, please be advised that any response to any comments made by the asker do not create an attonrey client relationship.

4. From the facts you present it is unlikely you will go to jail.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.