Can there be a holographic codicil to a typewritten will in the state of PA?

Trenton, NJ |

This handwritten note was found after the passing of testator, dated 2 years after last amendment to will, never brought to lawyer nor had any witnesses sign.

You have posted this using NJ as the location, so most PA attorneys will not see it. You may want to repost using a PA location to get more specific PA advice. At any rate, it appears that this would be permissible under PA law. See here, for more information:

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates