Can the victims seek restitution from the actual burglar also? Even though restitution was awarded in the first case...

Plymouth, MA |

A store was burglarized by one person, the burglar was provided information from one of the store's employees.

The employee was convicted of burglary. Restitution has been awarded as part of the probation agreement in this case.

The actual burglar has now been arrested.

Can the store owners seek restitution from the actual burglar also? Even though restitution was awarded in the first case?

Yes. Two people can be ordered to pay the same Debt. Just you can't collect twice. Whomever pays you first, good for you!

This is general legal information, not intended to apply to your specific case. And I may not be licensed to practice in your particular state. Under Federal Law, I am a debt relief agent.

Perfect. Thanks!!

You can get restitution from the burglar. As with the employee, an award of restitution may or may not be enforceable, insofar as it often depends on income.

You can have the same award against two different parties at the same time. However, you can only get PAID for an award once.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

As the others are saying, I concur, you can seek this.

Please do not take my answer to be legal advice that would establish any attorney-client relationship. Please take it as a general response from my own experience in response to your question. I hope you find it helpful.