Can the USCIS schedule an appointment for biometrics for someone who living abroad?

Asked 8 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

I filled out a I730 in 2012 in order to bring my husband and after almost 2 year of the processing the case was transferred from TCS to Nebraska service center (NCS) and they supposed to send me the decision within 30 days according to the inquiry that my area's congressman made on behalf of me.. BUT today I received a letter from the USCIS under my husband name and they requesting from my husband to appear at the application support center which is located inside USA, in order they capture his biometrics.
now my question is they knows that my husband is living abroad how he suppose to appear for this appointment where this petition was filled-out for someone who exist outside the united states!? (this sound doesn't makes sense)
or does they meant me with that appointment NOT MY HUSBAND?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Indeed, they could mean YOU.
    There are now "ACSs" (Application support centers where they take one's fingerprints) in various locations abroad. Call the number on the appointment letter to inquire.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . No. You need to be in the USA for biometrics.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

1

Answered . Yes, they could mean you.

There are Application Support Centers outside of the US now.

Call the number on the appointment notice and ask.