Can the USCIS schedule an appointment for biometrics for someone who living abroad?

Asked 8 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

I filled out a I730 in 2012 in order to bring my husband and after almost 2 year of the processing the case was transferred from TCS to Nebraska service center (NCS) and they supposed to send me the decision within 30 days according to the inquiry that my area's congressman made on behalf of me.. BUT today I received a letter from the USCIS under my husband name and they requesting from my husband to appear at the application support center which is located inside USA, in order they capture his biometrics.
now my question is they knows that my husband is living abroad how he suppose to appear for this appointment where this petition was filled-out for someone who exist outside the united states!? (this sound doesn't makes sense)
or does they meant me with that appointment NOT MY HUSBAND?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Indeed, they could mean YOU.
    There are now "ACSs" (Application support centers where they take one's fingerprints) in various locations abroad. Call the number on the appointment letter to inquire.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No. You need to be in the USA for biometrics.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes, they could mean you.

    There are Application Support Centers outside of the US now.

    Call the number on the appointment notice and ask.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,569 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,569 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering