Can the US citizen go to K1 Visa Fiancee interview along with Fiancee in their country?

Asked 10 months ago - Austin, TX

I am a US Citizen and have approved 129f Petition. Can i fly to my Fiancee's country and accompany him during the K1 visa interview? If yes, How?

Also - how much time does it take USCIS to send the information over to the local consulate?

1. Francisco Javier Alvillar

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Email the specific consulate where he will have his interview and ask. You should wait for the approval of the I-129f and transfer of the case first because otherwise the consulate will not know what case you are referencing.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . It does take some time though for the file to be trasfered. You have to follow up

3. Fadi N. Minawi

5

1

Answered . That would depend on the Consulate, but generally, a US petitioner can accompany the beneficiary.

Niren & Associates
    www.visaplace.com
    fadi@visaplace.com
    (toll free) 1-866-929-0991
    (local) 416-410-7484
    Offices in Toronto and Buffalo

4. Irene Vaisman

5

1

Answered . Once the petition is approved, it does not take long for the file to be transferred - but really depends on the country. As far as attending the interview - you could fly and have your fiancee let the consular officer know that you are there outside and waiting, but most likely they will not allow you in the interview room/window. Some countries really like it when petitioners are available and fly in. Most don't care for it as you are not allowed inside.

5. Stephen D. Berman

4

1

Answered . Generally, no, but each consulate has its own rules. USCIS first sends the information to the National Visa Center, which in turn forwards it to the consulates. You will get a notice of forms to be completed and filed before the interview is scheduled, and then you will get the interview notice. It can take 30 - 120 days, in my experience.