Skip to main content

Can the Tulalip, and other tribal police,make a traffic stop outside their land-

Marysville, WA |
Filed under: Traffic stops

If the vehicle they're following doesn.t do anything illegal while in their land, and can they detain it there for a State Patrol DRE? and how to find out exactly where tribal jurisdictions are?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If an offense is committed in their presence, but past their jurisdiction (which does not necessarily end at the border of the reservation) they can contact State Authorities.

As a matter of fact, a private citizen can.

If you are contemplating a defense based on a lack of authority to initiate a stop, your time is probably better spent elsewhere.

There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. If you find this information helpful, please check "Positive" or"Plus" or"Up" on the box below. You may contact me at 1-(607) 773-0758, or by e-mail through this site if you wish to follow up confidentially.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer