Can the status of h4 visa holder in process of gc by company sponsoring husband with h1b be terminated by divorce?

husband with h1b in process of green card, wife with h4 in process too

Indianapolis, IN -

Attorney Answers (2)

David Inpyo Lee

David Inpyo Lee

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA


Sponsored Listing
Grace Ingrid Gardiner

Grace Ingrid Gardiner

Immigration Attorney - Knoxville, TN

Yes, an H4 visa is granted based on the marital reltationship to the H1, if that relationship no longer exist (i.e. ends because of divorce) then you loose your right to that Visa and will have to return to your home country. If you need additional information please call email me at

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.