Can the state touch my auto settlement if i owe them back taxes?

Dearborn, MI |

no details

1. Generally, compensation received for personal injury claims are not taxable. Whether or not they count as an asset against which Michigan can assert a lien is probably best answered by a Michigan CPA. Good luck.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

2. I don't know about the state, but the IRS can pull the money directly out of your bank account. Best bet is to get current.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Yes. The State of Michigan can garnish your bank account. I can assist for a fee 596-615-0756 Reese Serra

This advise is only being offered as a courtesy. We do not have an attorney-client relationship and I do not represent you. Additional, the advice I have provided was based on the limited fact pattern provided by you. If the facts differ, my advice may not be correct. If you live in Michigan and would like legal assistance with your issue, feel free to contact me: 586-615-0756