Skip to main content

Can the state of Kansas extradite someone for a misdemeanor, and if they can do they normally do that?

Hays, KS |

My daughter has a warrant for not paying a $700.00 dollar fine and she is now in Nebraska. She is going to pay it as soon as she can as she just got a new job. If she gets pulled over in a different state before then, will Kansas extradite?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, they can. Whether or not they will could be a different question. But even if they will not extradite she will be arrested and held for a while for the Nebraska authorities to contact Kansas. It is better by far to have the matter taken care of as soon as possible.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer