Can the state come after me personally for these fees?

I started an LLC in DE back in 2010.. I never even filed the papers to do business, agreements. It is a shell basically, with name and me as owner. I haven't paid the 250 dollars a year fee for last 4 year... In June it will be come void. After that happens can the state come after me at a later date a try to collect money?

Warrenton, VA -

Paul Wesley Richter

Paul Wesley Richter

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Richmond, VA

Yes. The reason that people formally dissolve the LLC is that if the LLC assets were distributed to you personally, creditors or claimants against the LLC may sue you personally - you could lose the presumption of liability protection. Unfortunately, you have to reinstate the LLC to then dissolve it.

The foregoing is for information purposes only and not legal advice. The foregoing does not create a lawyer client relationship.