Can the spousal support be reversed if we both signed the waiver?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

My ex and I signed that we voluntarily, knowingly and intelligently waive our rights to spousal support. That neither of us can change our mind even if circumstances has changed. He then, threatened me that if I get child support for our children, he will ask the court for spousal support.

1. Joseph Patrick Waters

4

1

Answered . If the spousal support waiver terminated the Court's jurisdiction to award or modify spousal support, then no, it cannot be awarded by the Court later. If the Court's jurisdiction is terminated, it means the California court does not have the authority or ability to make orders regarding spousal support.

2. Stanley Dawe Prowse

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you mutually agreed to forever waive your rights to spousal support as part of your divorce judgment, it terminated the court's ability to order spousal support. In this case, the court won't be able to grant your ex-husband request for spousal support if he files a Request for Order.

http://stanprowse.com/family-law/spousal-support