Can the probate judge order a noncompliant trustee to pay legal fees ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

the trustee to my fathers living trust refuses to attot my portion of the estate to me as ordered. Can the probate judge order the trustee to pay my legal fees for having me take this back to court, or would I have to sue in a different court?

1. Christopher B. Johnson

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, though it's in the judge's discretion. Be sure the "relief" part of your petition asks for the fees.

2. Daniel Mcgraw Little

5

Answered . You can bet "your bippy" he can. Look to your attorney for advice. He/She may suggest filing an OSC but let him/her direct you in the best course of action.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . If the trustee issues an order and it is ignored-the trustee could be in contempt of court.
    So-the trustee would still have to comply and also deal with the judge.
    So-keep the pressure on.