Can the police tell if I am on probation by running my name in NH

Asked almost 5 years ago - Manchester, NH

I had a run in with the police last week. I was not arrested but my name was run by the police. Can the police tell I am on probation by running my name and can they tell my probation officer?

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . Yes. And, yes.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

2. Dominic L. Pang

Answered . The police can run your name and find out that you are on probation. Depending on the nature of the run in, the police may or may not tell your PO. If you were charged with a crime, expect your PO to find out about it. Even if you were not charged with a crime, your conduct may still be a violation of your probation. What you don't want to do is volunteer the information to the PO. Good luck.