Can the police or landlord make a commercial vessel vacate the premises of dock if iI hold a current legal rental agreement ?

Asked over 1 year ago - 90731

On aug 20th 2013 while away from my vessel police and landlord showed up and entered my boat without my permission and left a card to contact them about vacating my vessel. On the bottom of this card is the words written in pen stating Vacate-LA-Complex The card was from LA the port of Los Angeles , port police . The last fish ticket I turned in was about 8 months ago due to costudy of my two daughters and my health issue and many dr appt. and single father with full custody . There's many of vessel owners with boats in horrible condition with no proof of fishing tickets for 3 yrs plus , I am wondering what my rights are with this situation and what they legally can and can't do , even intruding onto my boat without my permission. Please let me if I can take any action with this matter.

1. Anthony Allen Roach

3

Answered . You need an attorney who specializes in Admiralty law in your area. This is a really complex question, because it sounds as though you either are trespassing, have a fish and game violation, or a pending vessel arrest.

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

1

Answered . This is not a question that can be answered here on AVVO. You need specific legal advice for a specific situation. Consult an attorney in your area.