Skip to main content

Can the police departments and the prosecutors set someone up falsely making them into a criminal?

Hillsborough, NJ |

see above. I need some legal help. I feel im being set up by the government, police courts and prosecutors office. my food stamps have been cut off, exhibits in options I dile are being removed, I constantly get arrested on trumped up charges. Im not notified about court dates and hearings im involved with, transcripts of litigated court hearings are modified removing certain things said and adding things that were not said. DYFS is ignoring y daughter being abused as well as the police and prosecutors office. FRO's are not being enforced. I need help and don't know where to go I have no money and am permanently disabled.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Can they attempt what you describe ? Yes.

    Are they in your case? No way to assess that online.

    You need a lawyer. If you cannot hire one, you can request a public defender forany criminal charges or you can try legal aid in your area fir any civil charges.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

  2. With respect, it would appear that either the entire world is out to wreck your life, or you are perhaps misunderstanding several facets in your life.

    If you are persuaded it is the former, low income people can seek help via appointed counsel for criminal cases and via Legal Aid or other pro bono opportunities regarding civil matters.

    If you find out it is the latter, seeking out free or low cost counseling may be beneficial to you better understanding why things appear out of control from your present perspective.

  3. I would like to join Mr. Pate in his observation concerning free or low cost counseling in your community. This will, at the least, help you evaluate whether this suspected conspiracy has any basis in reality.

    Good luck, New Jersey. I cannot imagine being in your circumstances in these less than kind times.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics