Can the police bring my 17 year old daughter home if they find her?

York, SC |

My 16 year old daughter is put in the system as a runaway in York county, South Carolina. The police told me she could leave home when she was 17 and I couldn't stop her and she wouldn't be considered a runaway because she was 17. So, does that mean if she stays gone, and they find her after she turns 17, they wont pick her up because shes 17?

As you know, the age of majority in SC is 18. But, I've had even judges tell me that, since there is nothing they can DO to 17-year-olds, they see little point in bringing them home.

We all hope that she will see the light and return home to grow up before tacking the world.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.