Skip to main content

Can the police arrest me if I know my husband has two warrants and I don't call them when he shows up at my house?

New Britain, CT |

My husband was in a rehab which failed to provide necessary documents to the court to keep him from obtaining warrants. He now has vop and fta because of it. He does not live at my house but used my address when he was arrested. I was almost evicted because of it but proved he didn't live there and now the police are harassing me about where he is and threatening me with trouble.

Attorney Answers 1


No, you don't have to be a snitch for the police but you also can't harbor a fugitive or obstruct justice. Your best bet is to let your husband know that he should turn himself in and resolve these issues rather than getting arrested outright and that since he does not live there he is not welcome there and should not come to your home. You can tell the police not to come to your home any more unless they have probable cause or a warrant, but that may be best done for you by a lawyer. Since you are still married and he gave that address, it is not unreasonable for the police to expect to find him there which is why they are looking for him there. You should make sure the police know he does not live there and has no business there, so they stop coming by looking for him there.

Mark as helpful

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics