Can the mother of my daughter move my daughter to another country?

Asked about 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I live in AZ and my daughter, her mother and her husband live in CA. I have recently singed the papers giving her full custody of our daughter, she now wants to move to Morocco with my daughter. I was never told that's what she is going to do, and that is why she wanted the full custody. I DO NOT want my daughter to move to another country, and not sure what I can do to stop the mother with this proceedings....Can I change my mind and file for shared custody? Or is there a form that I can file to not allow the mother take my daughter out of the country? All the papers are filled in CA, so need some advice, please help!

1. Morvarid Mary Moshrefi

Pro

Answered . Your answer depends on what language exists in your agreement, and if it was filed with the court or not. Generally, if no permission is given for a move by the other parent, and there are existing orders for custody on file, the person requesting the move has to file documents with the court seeking permission to modify the agreement and make the move. You should consider contacting an attorney in California to assist you with the case. More information is needed to provide an accurate assessment.
    Walters & Moshrefi, Attorneys At Law, P.C.
    Fresno, CA