Can the media put name on news if the person has not been arrested for some thing

Neosho, MO |

is it legal for media to names on the news and paper and rune moses reputation with out then being guilty

1. They routinely put suspects in the news at the direction of investigating agencies.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. It is often newsworthy that someone is suspected, being investigated, accused, or otherwise involved in something, even if there is no arrest, prosecution, or conviction.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

3. it is not defamation for a newspaper to report that john doe was arrested for allegedly doing this or that; they are just reporting a "newsworthy" event; even if john doe is not happy about seeing his name in the paper.

4. Usually, the media is within their rights to report on an investigation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com