Can the law touch our annuity or Roth IRA

Jacksonville, FL |

can companies get money from our roth IRA or annunity for payments on returned Motor Home

1. No those funds are exempt from attachment while they are inside those financial vehicles but as soon as the money is withdrawn it is fair game.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship between you and I. I am not your attorney unless we both sign a written contract that describes our relationship and terms of the representation. Any information provided to you here is not a substitute for the advice you need to pursue any legal matter. I advise you to retain the services of a local attorney before taking any legal action in this matter.

2. Under Florida law, these assets are exempt by statute, and proceeds from these assets are also exempt in your bank account as long as you keep the proceeds segregated.

You should not rely upon this answer as legal advice or a legal opinion, and this answer does not create between us an attorney-client relationship. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice.

3. No. These are protected assets.

4. I agree these funds are normally protected. However, creditors may try to argue that the accounts were created recently in the effort to thwart creditors, which is an issue that may have to be litigated. I've also seen bankruptcy trustees threaten to to seize recent deposits on those grounds. You should see an attorney who can review the facts of your case specifically to ensure the funds are protected.