Can the judge revoke bail for no legal reason? Is there set rules to follow?

Catlettsburg, KY |

No violations while on bond, showed up for arraignment, no bigger charges...

Mr. Mascagni is correct. There must be a violation of the conditions or a change in circumstances, etc. The wording of the statute does not allow a change for no reason, but that is not say it cannot occur. There are some Judges who do whatever they want regardless. Hire an attorney to address this issue.

The answer provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for retaining an attorney who can investigate and analyze all the material facts of your situation.

A judge can alter a bail bond upon good reason to do so: violation of a previous condition of bond, a new charge, a change of circumstance,etc. Check with a criminal defense attorney to review the file and facts.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..