Skip to main content

Can the IRS offset your refund to pay probation fees for a dependent you claimed?

Augusta, GA |
Filed under: Tax return Tax law

I claimed an adult that had been living with me and I was supporting the whole year . My refund has been offset ( meaning I was suppose to get $ X , POI amount and am now getting $ XVI amount ) I am trying to figure out where the money went , yes I know I'll get a letter but just wanting to get an idea . . .

Attorney Answers 1


I don't think so. But pick up the phone and call the IRS taxpayer assistance office in your area: 706-868-1374.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics