Can the husband sell the house from under the wife

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

married 30yrs
lived in house together 11yrs
only husbands name on title

1. Terry L. Hart

1

Answered . If you are concerned about this, you should do the followign things immediately:
    file suit for divorce
    request a temporary restraining order
    serve your husband
    file a Notice of Lis Pendens in the real estate records

2. Fran Brochstein

Answered . Husband should not be able to do so. I assume realtor should see wife living in the house. Notify realtor that you are the spouse. Most (if not all) will require spouse's signature on all paperwork.

I assume that you want your half of the equity in the home. If you are concerned about this, perhaps you need to consult with an attorney.

3. Andrew Ryan Stubblefield

Answered . You should definitely speak with an experienced family attorney in your area. I assume you're going thru a divorce (or are about to). An attorney can advise you as to how best to protect your rights in the community property and otherwise.

Best of luck.