Can the HOA give permission to a particular group such as Arm Services Group to use Common area for any memorial or tribute?

Houston, TX |

They want to add engraved bricks with names of deceased and living member, and adding service medallions to the existing sign of the community club house

1. The board's powers over the common area's should be spelled out in your governing documents , it may be subject to a vote or the stipulation that the use does not interfere with other uses. The costs will also have to be addressed.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

2. HOAs are generally pretty powerful. Check the bylaws to confirm, but it's likely allowed if they think they are allowed to do it. Best of luck

Statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section are not legal advice. No prudent person anywhere at any time should ever rely upon any statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section. There is no attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am not your attorney and there is no attorney-client privilege up until the moment that we have a signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees - at which point we will not be discussing your legal issue online on a public Q&A board that anyone in the world can view. You should find an attorney that can best represent your interests: using the Avvo lawyer search is one of many possible utilities online to collect names of lawyers you might be interested in meeting with offline to discuss your legal issue in full detail so the legal advice can be tailored to the specific facts of your legal issue.

3. HOA's are like tiny little governments. Their power comes from the controlling docs; these go under a few names such as CC&R's, covenants, etc. There are some statutes in the Texas Property code that regulate HOA's, but probably nothing to regulate this specific thing. Get your hands on the docs and read thoroughly.