Skip to main content

Can the ftb lien my ss income for back taxes

Hemet, CA |
Filed under: Tax lien Tax law

my total income is 862 a month the ftb wants that moey to pay 1550 in back taxes can they lien my bank account to get it

Attorney Answers 1


You should call the FTB, and work something out. With your income the FTB should agreed to put your account on hold, and not collect anything from you. This assumes you don't have other substantial liquid assets.

I strongly recommend you talk to them; otherwise the FTB will levy on your bank account.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics