Skip to main content

Can the FL115 be used in leu of FL141 if all the correct boxes are checked (FL140, 142, 150, 160)? I served everything together.

Half Moon Bay, CA |

I am about to turn in Judgement Packet. I have DEFAULT WITH MSA. I am waiving Final Declaration, but want to make sure that I have covered my base with FL 115 as proof of service for my Preliminary Declaration. Everything was served together petition, income and expense and so on. The default has already been entered. Our accurately written with (correct language for Family codes )MSA has been notarized. Thank you!!

Attorney Answers 1


No. I have always had clients sign both documents. The clerk's office will look specifically for the FL-141 in ensuring that the proper procedure was followed in obtaining a default judgment and there is a chace they might miss a form that you wrote in under the "other" section. Cover your bases and file the FL-141 to avoid unnecessary delay. Defaults can only be obtained after service of preliminary disclosures. Might as well make sure that the proof of this service is open and notorious.

Hope this helps.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics