Can the FL 155 be used instead of FL 150

Asked about 2 years ago - North Hollywood, CA

Im confused with the FL 150 and FL 155, can they used in exchange of one another. Can I use the FL 155 instead of FL 150?

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

5

Answered . In some cases, yes the FL-155 can be used instead of the FL-150. It depends on what you plan to use the form for.

If you are filing for spousal support or attorney's fees, for example, you need to complete the FL-150. The instructions on whether you qualify to use the FL-155 are listed on Page 2 of the form itself. If, for example, you are self-employed, you cannot use this form.

I am including links below which may be helpful. Good luck to you.

2. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

7

Answered . Attorney Norton provided you an outstanding answer, the forms are correlated to what you are seeking and asking the court to do, the link should help, take care and best of luck.

3. Donald Frederick Conviser

3

Answered . Read the instructions on Page 2 of the FL-155, to enable you to determine which of the two forms you are eligible to use.

4. Margaret Davalene Wilson

1

Answered . It is confusing to have two forms. However, it does depend on what you are using them for. Generally people do not use FL155 because they don't qualify to use it for the reasons explained below. If you are in doubt after reading this, I suggest you use FL150.

You CANNOT use FL155 if you are:
    1. Asking for Spousal Support or a Change in Spousal Support or your spouse is.
    2. Asking the other party to pay attorney's fees
    3. If you recieve another source OTHER THAN from Welfare (such as TANF, GR, or GA), Salary or wages, Disability, Unemployment, Interest, Workers' compensation, social security, retirement, or if you are self-employed.

Hope this helped.