Can the father of my child get 50 50 placement?

Milwaukee, WI |

I live in Wisconsin. Me and the father of my child had live together and raised our child since he was born. He has been supportive and is a great father. My son is 6 now. We broke up and I moved with my parents. He wants 50 50 placement but I do not agree because I am looking for my sons stability. I told him he can see him whenever he likes and the child can stay weekends with him. But I wanted my son to have a primary household where he sleeps during weekdays (school days). We live about 2 miles apart. I also told him I was willing to work out a schedule. Sun through Tue and rotating Saturdays. Would that be considered 50 50? Is he likely to get the 50 50 placement?

1. It certainly is possible that the court would award shared placement (50/50). However, it is not possible to predict how the case will turn out based upon the information given so far. The factors that the court will take into account in deciding placement are: (1) the nature of the relationship the parent has with the child; (2) whether the parents can work together on parenting issues; (3) whether the parents live in proximity to each other; and, (4) the plans each parent has for day-care, schooling, etc.

This answer is for informational purposes only. By answering this question, no attorney/client relationship is created. Although the legal information is accurate, it may not be appropriate for your situation. The best way to handle any legal problem is to seek the advice of an attorney.

2. Depending on the overnights or equivalent overnights, it may be 50-50. It appears to be less based on the wording of the question. I believe Dad has a good likelihood of receiving 50-50