Can the fast food chains be sued for false advertising?

Bellingham, WA |

The size of the hamburgers shown on tv is so different from what you get when you go buy one.

Can they be sued? Sure. Will a complaint like this go very far? No.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

My colleague is correct. Suit is possible, but major franchisors have massive teams of in-house and outside counsel who protect their client's vigorously. In addition, there is the issue of damages. Unless it is a class action (which is very, very complex) the amount of your damages probably don't exceed $5.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.