Can the employer starts filing the recruitment materials for the greenCard under EB2 if I haven't obtained my master yet??

Asked over 1 year ago - Somerville, MA

I haven't obtained my master degree yet. when I asked the employer to start filing my greencard process, he said that "The position can be for prospective employment, meaning a job in the future. There is not a requirement that you actually be in that position when the case is filed.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . The employer is correct that a labor certification is for a job offer in the future. There is no requirement that the alien be holding the position that is the subject of the labor certification at the time the application is filed. However, the alien must satisfy all of the job requirements at the time the application is filed. In your case, if the employer is requiring a masters degree and you will not obtain one until after filing, the application will be denied due to the fact that you did not satisfy the minimum requirements for the job. The employer needs to consult with legal counsel before it gets into an expensive mistake.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Answered . That is not a good idea. You need to have been fully-qualified for the job before the recruitment process starts ... unless the employer is willing to state that the person can become qualified prior to starting work.

BE FOREWARNED ... this means that any US Citizen or LPR holder in a Master's program can apply and beat-you-out of this job.

This isn't a wise idea and I'm certain that this is what the employer's immigration lawyer will tell you two.

Thus, don't talk to us ... talk to the employer's immigration lawyer ... not a non-attorney in hr.

3. Samuel Anthony Silva

3

1

Answered . I think the best thing for you to do is to sit down with your employer, HR, and the company's immigration attorney and discuss these issues. And your company is using a reputable immigration attorney, right? Because there's nothing easier (and more expensive) to screw up than an EB-2 visa petition. I think that advice is more valuable than actually answering this specific question.

4. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . Only if the employer wants to have a denial.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.