Can the debt of a hospital bill be found without a social security number and affect me?

Palmdale, CA |

If so, can the unpaid hospital bill show up in someones record or credit score for a debt from 20 yrs ago? I would like to pay off the debt, but the hospital has no record of this information because it's been so long. But could a collection company have this information and could i pay off the debt? Where would i have to look first to start the process of paying the debt?

1. Your credit report. The statute of limitations is four years in CA.

2. There is statues of limitations and 20 years ago is a long time for a creditor to collect. You should pull your credit report.

3. First thing is first, pull your credit report. Look for judgments against you. If there are no judgments against you and you haven't paid in four years then the debt is passed the statute of limitations and you don't have to pay it.