Can the da drop the burglary of habitation charges from me being on my meds assuming my house was burglarized

Houston, TX |

I was sleep I heard my AC unit fall and my fiance hit the corner same time I heard the noise I said where u been with that b!!!! All night? He stated he ain't go no where I said he lied and we got in a heated argument but I was not in my right state of mind waking up off meds with my unit on the floor after the fight my nose began to bleed I ran out of shock assuming he forced away in I called the cops

The DA has the authority to move to dismiss any case he or she chooses to move to dismiss.

So, the real question is whether the prosecutor will decide to make a motion to dismiss in the case you are talking about in your question.

Without knowing more about the case and who the prosecutor is, any answer I could give to that would only be a blind guess.

You really need to make sure that your fiance's attorney knows what you have said in your question.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

So you are the victim and you want to see if you can get the charges dropped? It's completely up to the DA. I would talk to the defense attorney about the best way to proceed.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.