Can the courts change court orders when the parent asking for visitation has criminal cases open against them right now?

Asked over 3 years ago - Modesto, CA

I just sole physical custody of my sons because their dad has been arrested twice for drugs this year. And I found he has an open criminal case in another county awaiting for felony robbery and one in my county for having a concealed weapon when he is not allowed to have because of my restraining order.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jenn Yan Wen Fei

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . The court will definitely take all of this into consideration when making the custody and support orders.

    The information and materials contained on this website do not constitute legal advice and are presented without... more

Related Topics

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,374 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,374 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering