Can the courts change court orders when the parent asking for visitation has criminal cases open against them right now?

Modesto, CA |

I just sole physical custody of my sons because their dad has been arrested twice for drugs this year. And I found he has an open criminal case in another county awaiting for felony robbery and one in my county for having a concealed weapon when he is not allowed to have because of my restraining order.

The court will definitely take all of this into consideration when making the custody and support orders.

The information and materials contained on this website do not constitute legal advice and are presented without any representation or warranty whatsoever, including as to accuracy or completeness. They are not intended to create, and receipt of them does not establish, an attorney-client relationship between you and Jenn Yan Wen Fei. Additionally, any contact between you and Jenn Yan Wen Fei does not establish an attorney-client relationship; any communication is not confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice on your specific situation.

Civil rights topics