Can the courts change court orders when the parent asking for visitation has criminal cases open against them right now?

Asked over 3 years ago - Modesto, CA

I just sole physical custody of my sons because their dad has been arrested twice for drugs this year. And I found he has an open criminal case in another county awaiting for felony robbery and one in my county for having a concealed weapon when he is not allowed to have because of my restraining order.

1. Jenn Yan Wen Fei

Answered . The court will definitely take all of this into consideration when making the custody and support orders.